This course focuses on improving you as a manager, rather than simply teaching you about management.
It emphasizes on the development of practical management skills & also offers you the opportunity to study and share cross-cultural insights with people from other countries.
The study of course modules is complemented by Enhancing Business and Management Skills, which offers a series of workshops and other activities to develop the attributes, personal skills and research skills valued by organizations. Students explore how they can be more effective in the workplace and evidence their strengths as business professionals. All students complete an e-portfolio, articulate project management skills and address the challenges of future employment.
Variety of educational methods would be used on the course such as lectures, group discussions, case study workshops, individual investigative projects and a variety of audio and visual methods.
Course Duration : 12 Months
Course Fee : 12,650 GBP
Intake Available : January 2014
Entry Requirements – Prior Qualification:
One of the following:
- An honours degree of a British University or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2). For 18-month version, a third-class honours or ordinary degree.
- An equivalent graduate level qualification from an overseas university or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2). For 18-month version, a third-class honours or ordinary degree.
- A graduate level professional qualification in an appropriate field of study
- A pre-masters programme approved by Birmingham City University
- A pre-masters programme with a minimum of 55% average
To be eligible for entry on to this MBA programme the student must demonstrate suitable work experience to enable them to engage with the programme and make an informed contribution to class discussions. The normal expectation is that this is equivalent to at least one year full time work experience.
This work experience will involve:
• Full time employment, or work experience obtained via internships, projects, part-time work etc.
• Experience of working with either larger and/or small-medium enterprises, and from any sector of an economy.
• Exposure to a range of different stakeholders of a business e.g. customers, co-workers, employees, competitors, suppliers, distributors.
It is important that applicants can demonstrate experience of the nature outlined above because they will be required to bring these experiences into the programme as it forms an integral part of the learning, teaching and assessment philosophy of the course.
Where an applicant has less than the equivalent of one year full time work experience then their application will be considered on an individual basis to ensure that they are able to contribute to, and benefit from, the learning, teaching and assessment methods adopted on this programme.
If you are an international student, you will need to furnish satisfactory evidence of a level of attainment in English Language commensurate with study at Master’s level in the University. In most cases, this will be a minimum TOEFL score of 575 or a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 average. In addition, a GMAT score of at least 500 is preferable, but is not an admissions requirement.
If you are a mature student but do not fulfil the standard entry requirements outlined above, your application will also be considered.
Direct entry to the Diploma in Management Studies stage of the programme may be available if you hold a relevant PG Certificate in Management from a UK University or overseas equivalent. These will be considered on a case by case basis.
Course Modules :
- Managing Marketing
- Managing Financial Performance
- Managing People and Organisations
- Managing Business Processes
- Personal Development
- Thinking and Managing Strategically
- Entrepreneurship and Business Venturing
- Leading and Managing Change
- International Management
- Research Skills
- Contemporary Issues in Business and Management
- Corporate Governance and Risk