Jubilee Scholarships announced by the British Council
British Council and the UK Government have launched 60 Jubilee Scholarship Awards for young Indians to study a one year masters qualification and undertake one month internship in the UK. A new remarkable opportunity for Indian students.
Each award will cover
– University tuition fee
– Living expenses for the duration of the scholarship (for a maximum of 12 months) and a one month internship in the UK
– Return airfare
– UK visa
Jubilee Scholarships are aimed at graduates with excellent academic record. Deserving candidates who would not normally have the opportunity to study overseas are strongly encouraged to apply. The applicants must be:
– An Indian national with a valid Indian passport
– A graduate with an excellent academic track record
– Preferably have applied for admission to a Masters course (for no more than 12 months duration) at a UK institution.
The course of study should be in the subject areas of Management, Manufacturing or Science & Technology.
An ideal candidate
– Must have ambition, entrepreneurial and creative spirit and leadership skills
– Must demonstrate commitment to return to India and make a contribution to the future development of the country
In a current update, the last date has been extended from 22nd April to 10th May, 2012.
Last date to apply online is Thursday, 10 May 2012.
Posted in: scholarships in UK